Travel and Quarantine Requirements
Travel and Entry Requirements
- All short-term visitors are not allowed entry into Singapore except for travellers who have obtained Air Travel Pass or SafeTravel Pass under the Green/Fast lane arrangements from Australia (excluding Victoria State), Brunei Darussalam, China (6 regions), Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Korea and Vietnam.
Passengers travelling with an airline whose transfer route has been approved by Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) will be allowed to transit in Singapore. Travellers should consult airline first.
- All travellers are required to submit a health declaration within 3 days prior to the date of arrival. The health declaration can be submitted via the SG Arrival Card (SGAC) e-Service.
All Work pass holders, their dependents and those with In-Principle Approvals (IPAs) entering Singapore are required to obtain a pre-entry approval from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) prior to traveling to Singapore, except for work pass holders who are Malaysians or Malaysian permanent residents entering by land and have received approval under Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) scheme.
Work and related pass holders who arrive in Singapore without the required approval will have their passes revoked and the company's work pass privileges suspended.
Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders and IPA for LTVP issued by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) must obtain a pre-entry approval from the ICA.
Student’s Pass (STP) holders and IPA for STP issued by ICA must obtain a pre-entry approval from Ministry of Education (MOE). Applications must be submitted to their respective institutions, which will then forward their application to MOE.
Pass holders who arrive in Singapore without the pre-entry approval may have their passes cancelled and barred from entry into Singapore.
- All Work pass holders, their dependents and those with In-Principle Approvals (IPAs) entering Singapore are required to obtain a pre-entry approval from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) prior to traveling to Singapore, except for work pass holders who are Malaysians or Malaysian permanent residents entering by land and have received approval under Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) scheme.
All Long-Term pass and IPA holders with recent travel history to Indonesia, Philippines and India within the last 14 days prior to entry will be required to take a Covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours before departure. They need to present a valid negative test result, in English and from recognised laboratories, to enter Singapore. Children who are 12 years old and below do not need to take the COVID-19 PCR test.
- IPA holders and pass holders with renewal applications who are unable to enter Singapore before the IPA expiry date, the employers are advised to re-apply for the work pass when the COVID-19 situation stabilizes.
ICA will resume the issuance of new visas from 18 October 2020, 2359 hours. Short-term visitors who require a visa to enter Singapore can apply for visas through a local contact, Singapore Overseas Mission, or authorised visa agent.
Quarantine and Health Requirements
- Must serve a 7-day or 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) either at dedicated SHN facilities arranged by the authorities or at a suitable place of residence/self-arranged hotel depending on the recent travel history. Those who are serving their SHN outside of dedicated facilities must wear an electronic monitoring device throughout the SHN period and will take a COVID-19 test before the SHN is over.
Travellers who spent the last 14 consecutive days in Australia (excluding Victoria State), Brunei Darussalam, New Zealand and Vietnam before entering Singapore, and did not transit through other countries / regions will not be required to serve a Stay-Home Notice (SHN). Instead, they will undergo a COVID-19 test upon arrival at the airport and must remain isolated in their accommodation in Singapore until they have obtained a negative test result.
- Travellers departing from Singapore to China and India (Tamil Nadu State and West Bengal State of India) must take a COVID-19 PCR test before boarding. All pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test will be conducted at selected GP clinics. Applicants should submit the pre-departure COVID test request via the ICA SafeTravel website and will be notified of the approval via email within 5 working days.
Updated as at 26 October 2020
Disclaimer: Due to COVID-19, there has been constant changes in terms of work permit process, timeline, travel restrictions, quarantine period, medical tests as well as insurance requirements etc. All these requirements can change by the respective authorities in both country of work and candidate’s home country from time to time. The process, timeline and costs that Innovare provides is a guideline and is subject to change if any process is being changed. While every reasonable effort has been made to ensure its accuracy at the time of communication, Innovare cannot guarantee nor be liable for such change in timeline or costs arising from any pandemic related factors so please take note of the potentially volatile situation during this period.