Our Myanmar company will administer the payroll for locals as well as for sponsored expatriates.
Payroll is an essential function of any organisation but yet harbours complications as it requires understanding of Labour and Tax Laws. It is more than just the payment of salaries.
In an emerging economy like Myanmar where, the law and practices often differ and one needs to find an acceptable middle ground, having taken into account both guidelines. Our Myanmar-based payroll outsourcing team can support you in:
- Timesheet processing, where applicable
- Complete and accurate payroll including adjustments, overtime, expenses etc
- Range of payslips (electronic and carbon based)
- Issuing employment certificates (PND 91 or equivalent)
- Full compliance with statutes and applicable laws
- Monthly reports & statutory returns
- Year-end reporting
- Application to leave Myanmar – Tax Clearance
All income derived from work performed in Myanmar is subject to tax payment, regardless of payment location based on the reported monthly payroll. We shall deduct the respective tax amount each month accordingly and subsequently paid monthly to the Myanmar Tax Office.
Social Security Management
- Social Security Board (SSB) reporting and returns
- Multi-currency payroll calculation (MMK, USD)
Myanmar wages attract a minimal employer social security premium of USD10 per month. Employee premium contribution is approximately USD5 per month.
- Tracking and reporting on company benefits (eg. Leave, statutory benefits)
- Maintenance and administration of paper employee personnel files and the database of employee personal data
- Tracking employee holidays, determining holiday entitlement, limits and recording other absences
- Monitoring duration of expiring employment contracts, validity of regular health checks and occupational health and safety training courses